Sunday, July 22, 2012

Time to Start Planning for your Fall Crop

In this picture I have some seeds I will be planting in the next few weeks.  Some of which I have saved from last year (lettuce, spinach, cilantro). I have a few more on my list I need to get as well.  Below is a list and dates for what and when to plant.  It's not to late to grow a garden this year!  Be sure to to check in for more details on my first year of extending the growing season with row covers and hoop houses.  If you are interested in more info on extending your growing season check out my friend Rick's blog http://ourstoneyacres.com/   Rick has been growing his garden year round since 2009!


Crops you can sow in the ground now (July 21st).

Peas
Bush Beans (Little Marvels, Early Frost, Oregon giant)
Carrots
Turnips
Radishes - through Sept. 1st
Lettuce


Crops you can sow or plant August 1st.

Chinese Cabbage
Broccoli (from starts)
Carrots
Spinach
Kale
Lettuce (again)
Cabbage (from starts)
Swiss Chard
Turnips
Kohl Rabi
Beets
Parsely
Leeks
Green Onions


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link back Emily. I had a great time teaching the class the other night!! Good luck with your fall garden!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a great teacher! In fact I had one the students come up to me afterwards and tell me your class was much better than the one taught at Thanksgiving Point! Nice Job!

      Delete