Monday, April 8, 2013

Organic Chicken Salad with Tarragon

This is a wonderful and simple spring or summer dish!  The chicken and tarragon go really well together and the celery and grapes add a lovely crunch and sweetness to the salad!  This recipe came from Barefoot Contessa's "At Home" Cookbook.


You will need:
4 chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
good olive oil
kosher salt and pepper

Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil and generously sprinkle kosher salt and pepper.  Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.  Set aside to cool.  Chop into bite size pieces.

In the meantime, mix together in a large bowl:
1/2 cup good mayo
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon
1 cup celery, diced small
1 cup green or red grapes, cut in half

Add the chicken to the tarragon/mayo mixture and season with additional salt and pepper.  Can be made the day before to allow the flavors to come together before serving. 





2 comments:

  1. By good mayo, I'm assuming you mean the kind made with olive oil? If you tell me you make your own, I shall have to lie down and have a rest first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! You crack me up! You do bring up a good point! I may have to look into making my own... I'll let you know if I find a good recipe! Yes, I do use an organic kind. :)

    ReplyDelete