Monday, April 8, 2013

Homemade Dishwashing Tablets

I have been looking for a successful recipe to make my own dish washing tablets and found one posted on facebook that is excellent!  I altered the recipe a bit to accommodate the hard water we have and added citric acid.  The original website with the recipe and info can be found here

You will need:
1 cup borax
1 cup washing soda
1/4 cup epsom salt
2 tablespoons citric acid
Juice of 4 lemons (about 4 T. per each cup of powder)

Mix all ingredients together (the mixture should be sticky) and place in ice cubes trays.  After about 24 hours the cubes will be dry.  Pop them out of the trays for easy use. 

3 comments:

  1. I may try this out. Thanks for sharing! Do you find it cleans well? Does it end up being cheaper or more expensive than other tablets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cleans just as well as the most expensive tablets out there! I love it! And they are super cheap!

    ReplyDelete